Not normal...but lots of fun.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back On Our Feet

It was a nice trip, but I am so glad to be back home, on my own two feet again!

I had such fun, but my niece and nephew stole my computer the entire time! The only time I could get on the computer, the internet was out. So, no blogging.

Well, now that life has calmed down (some), it's about time I discuss why I made this blog. To be honest, I'm a writer who is currently working on a major project that I plan to get published. And I found myself thinking it might be fun to write a blog about the process as I'm doing it. I've been at it for about 8 months already, but there is still so much to be done.

I'm still working on the research phase, but I'm almost done (oh boy, am I ready to be done). And then I can start writing, something I really want to begin doing. I can't though, because I really believe this book has to be done to the best of my ability, meaning I have to put a lot of time in the research. Good simply isn't good enough. It has to be incredible, phenomenal, wonderful.

Has anyone else out there done a lot of research before writing a book? Did it help benefit your writing? Because my book is a fantasy, I have a lot of worldbuilding to get done. I LOVE worldbuilding. But I'm frankly sick of it by now. I'd really like to hear someone tell me how worldbuilding to a large extent helped them create a very good book, because that would be great encouragement for me right now.

Well, that's all until next time. Maybe I'll improve on this blogging thing by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment