Not normal...but lots of fun.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

I keep trying to write and blog despite the fact I continuously fail at it so epically, so often. But, you know, I truly believe that if I keep trying, I'll succeed eventually.

It's an interesting belief. If you just hold on, if you just keep trying no matter how many times you fail, you'll get there eventually. Success will happen if you're tenacious enough. Or, as Dori says in Finding Nemo, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

So, just to let all you guys know, I'm still swimming. I'm writing my book, working on my blog, and I still plan to get published. It's just taking longer than I want it to.

5 comments:

  1. I admire you for your persistence. I think you're right. The key is to not give up.

    Or, like Charles Bukowski says: "If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not swimming alone Kyla :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good luck on getting published, and well done you on just keeping going. Just keep going and eventually something will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyla. It's been a super long time since we heard from you. I hope things are okay.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete